Navigating Managed IT Services: Which Level is Right for Your Business?
When it comes to managed IT services, there are a lot of different levels of service to choose from. Which one is right for your business? In this blog post, we will discuss the different levels of managed IT services and help you decide which one is right for you.
RanderCom is a managed IT services provider in Appleton and Green Bay, Wisconsin. We help businesses with all levels of managed IT services and a host of other services, including business phone systems, surveillance and security systems, access control, electrical and wiring, and more.
Visit our homepage to browse our services and contact us today to make an appointment.
What are Managed IT Services?
Managed IT services are IT services that are provided by an outside company. The managed IT service provider will take care of all of your IT needs, from computers and servers to networking and security.
Why Would a Small or Medium-Sized Business Hire a Managed IT Service?
There are many reasons why a small or medium-sized business would hire a managed IT service. Managed IT services can save you money because you don’t have to hire an in-house IT staff. They can also free up your time so that you can focus on running your business, reduce downtime, and provide 24/7 coverage so you never have to worry about your tech.
The Different Levels of Managed IT Services
There are three different levels of managed IT services: full service, hybrid, and time and materials.
Full Service Managed IT
Full-service managed IT is the most comprehensive level of managed IT services. With full-service managed IT, the managed IT service provider will take care of all of your IT needs. This includes everything from setting up your computers and servers to managing your network and security.
- You don’t have to worry about anything, because the managed IT service provider will take care of everything for you.
- Your employees will have an easily-accessible, knowledgeable, and available resource to call whenever they experience technical issues.
- While it is the most expensive option, full-service managed IT can actually save you money in the long run because you don’t have to hire an in-house IT staff.
- Full-service managed IT can free up your time so that you can focus on running your business.
- Full-service managed IT can be more expensive than other levels of managed IT services.
Hybrid Managed IT
Hybrid managed IT is a less comprehensive level of managed IT services. With hybrid managed IT, the managed IT service provider will take care of some of your IT needs, but not all of them. This could include, for example, setting up your computers and servers, but not managing your network and security.
- You have more control over your IT, because the managed IT service provider will only be in charge of some of your IT needs.
- Hybrid-managed IT can be less expensive than full-service managed IT.
- Ideal for businesses with some internal IT infrastructure that could use additional capacity or targeted support.
- You have to worry about some of your IT needs, because the managed IT service provider will not be in charge of everything.
- Hybrid managed IT can be more expensive than other levels of managed IT services.
Time and Materials Managed IT
Time and materials managed IT is a situation in which the managed IT service provider charges you each time you need to utilize their services.
- You only have to pay for the managed IT services that you use, which could mean major cost savings over time if your business does not have complex tech needs.
- You have someone you trust to call when you have an emerging technology need pop up.
- If your internal IT staff just needs a little extra support, time and materials-managed IT might be a great fit.
- You don’t have full-time support, so you may be hesitant to call and be charged unless it’s really urgent.
- You are responsible for the majority of your technology needs, which can become overwhelming for a small business.
How to Choose the Level of Service That’s Right for Your Business
The level of managed IT service that’s right for your business depends on a number of factors, including your budget, your needs, and your preferences. If you’re not sure which level of managed IT service is right for your business, RanderCom can help you figure it out.
RanderCom: Your Appleton & Green Bay Managed IT Partner
If you’re looking for a managed IT service provider in Green Bay, Appleton, or nearby, look no further than RanderCom. We offer all three levels of managed IT services, so we can tailor a solution that’s right for your business. Contact us today to learn more about our managed IT services.